Tuesday, June 10, 2008

"Cactus'' --- Updated list of readings and appearances

Here is the most updated list, as of today. I will, of course, bring photographs and other materials to share, along with your choice of flora/fauna stamps. It will be great to meet all of you. As you can see, I've added some dates, and I'm getting quite a lot of emails because of Salon's selection of The Cactus Eaters as part of its recommended summer reading list .

Their other selections are When You Are Engulfed In Flames by David Sedaris, The Importance of Music to Girls by Lavinia Greenlaw, and Swish: My QuestTo Become The Gayest Person Ever, by Joel Derfner, and Drunkard: A Hard-Drinking Life by Neil Steinberg. Now I'll have to read all the books on the list (except, of course, for mine, which I've read about 134 times.)

And here is that list of interviews and readings:

June 11
Interview
National Geographic Weekend
a weekly syndicated talk show. This will be broadcast at a later date at 120 stations nationwide.(I'll provide updates and a list of participating stations when it's about to be aired.)

June 18
Ventura, California(phone-in live interview)
KKZZ-Am Radio, "Evie's Talk Show.''
6:15 p.m., PST.

June 19, 2008
Live, in-studio interview
KFOG FM - San Francisco
7:30-8 AM

June 19, 2008
7:30 PM CAPITOLA BOOK CAFÉ
1475 41st Avenue
Capitola, CA 95010. Very excited about this. This is my adoptive home town, and I wrote an early, early draft (actually, some of the diary entries) right here.

June 26, 2008
7:30 PM MRS. DALLOWAY
2904 College Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94705

June 29, 2008
1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
"First Author, First Book" panel discussion.
Anaheim Convention Center, Room 203 A
Authors include Kaya McLaren (Church of the Dog, Penguin), Scott Douglas (Quiet, Please, Perseus Books), Mark Sarvas (Harry, Revised, Bloomsbury USA), Daniel White (The Cactus Eaters: How I Lost My Mind—and Almost Found Myself—on the Pacific Crest Trail, HarperCollins), Janelle Brown (All We Ever Wanted Was Everything, Spiegel & Grau), and Anya Ulinich (Petropolis, Penguin). A book signing will follow.



June 30th, 2008
2-2:30 p.m., book reading and signing.
ALA Convention,
Anaheim Convention Center. Room TBA.

July 1, 2008
2 p.m.
Malaga Cove Library
Palos Verdes Estates, CA.(PV is my hometown. This was my childhood haunt and it's one of the most beautiful libraries I've ever seen. I used to hang out at the fountain and count the goldfish when I was six years old.)

July 02, 2008
7:30 PM
Discussion and Signing
BORDERS
3700 Torrance Blvd
Torrance, CA 90503
(a sort of homecoming. I was born in this town at Little Company of Mary Hospital. Wondering if any of the nurses will be present.)

July 12, 2008
4:00 PM BOOK PASSAGE
51 Tamal Vista Blvd
Corte Madera, CA 94925

July 15, 2008
12:30 PM STACEY’S BOOKSTORE
581 Market ST
San Francisco, CA 94105
*Joint Event with Vincent Carrella, author of "Serpent Box.''

September 24, 2008
2:30-3:30 p.m., and 730-830 p.m.
2008-2009 Creative Writing Reading Series and afternoon conversation
Saint Mary’s College of California.
Moraga, CA.

Early Fall, date to be announced --- looks like I will have another speaking engagement in the East Bay. I will provide updates when this is all firmed up.

November 2008: date to be announced
reading/reception at San Jose State University

No comments: