Monday, June 23, 2008

Mrs. Dalloway (and Anaheim.)

This Thursday, I'm speaking at a beautiful (and well-run) bookstore called Mrs. Dalloway's Literary & Garden Arts, in Berkeley's Elmwood district. I will read two short pieces at 730 p.m. and answer any question that you might have. Also, I will bring some items from the trip, and a wide assortment of commemorative rubber stamps reflecting the flora and fauna of the western wilderness -- including the "Psychedelic Range Cow." The book store is located at 2904 College Avenue, Berkeley. Come here early to browse the shelves and check out their author's events listings. You will love this place. I would hang out there all the time if I lived just a little closer to Berkeley!

If you happen to be in the Southlands later on in the week, I will be at the American Library Association conference down in Anaheim. I will take part in a panel discussion called "First Author, First Book,'' at the Anaheim Convention Center, Room 203 A, with the authors Kaya McLaren (Church of the Dog, Penguin), Scott Douglas (Quiet, Please, Perseus Books), Mark Sarvas (Harry, Revised, Bloomsbury USA), Janelle Brown (All We Ever Wanted Was Everything, Spiegel & Grau), and Anya Ulinich (Petropolis, Penguin). An enormous signing will follow. Then, next day, (June 30) from 2 to 2:30 p.m., I will have a book reading and signing at the convention center.

And if you're reading this in Denver, Colorado, I will have a radio broadcast there very soon (I'll give you the details when they come in.)Come to think of it, I will be doing radio broadcasts just about every day, in various places, for the next week and a half.

And finally --- don't miss Zoe Ferraris's SF reading this Thursday! (for info, see the blog entry below the one about the bison.) Get there early, or only the nosebleed seats will be available. Seriously.

Also -- I'm sure you've all heard the sad news about Cody's Books closing in Berkeley after a 52-year run. The store -- a true pioneer in the book world -- shut down on June 20. This landmark store will be missed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading your book now. Enjoying it.
Chris the Librarian

Liberrian Dude said...

Reading your book now. Enjoying it immnensely. Chris the Librarian

cactuseaters said...

Many thanks!