Friday, January 14, 2011

My very favorite book blogs

Here are the blogs






Here are my favorite book blogs. This is mostly for me so I don't have to keep searching for them individually. However, I think you'll enjoy them, and if you're an aspiring author, reading these sites is so much healthier than self-Googling or checking your infernal Amazon stats. In no particular order, here they are. The Millions. Maud Newton. Rumpus. Bookslut. Paper Cuts. Levi Stahl's I've Been Reading Lately. Koreanish. American Fiction Notes. The New Yorker’s Book Bench. Jacket Copy.




Coveted books:

Paul Murray, Skippy Dies

Karen Russell, Swamplandia (put this at the top of your reading list; it's great)
Benjamin Percy, The Wilding
Leo Tolstoy, Childhood, Boyhood and Youth, Michael Scammell translation

Siddhartha Mukherjee, The Emperor of All Maladies


Good books:

Brock Clarke: An Arsonist's Guide to Writers' Homes In New England. (I give this book seven stars out of five. No, make that eight stars.)

Sigrid Nunez: Salvation City. (spare, plausible, creepy.)

Kobo Abe: The Woman in the Dunes (not new. You overlooked this when it came out.)

Emma Donaghue: Room

Julie Orringer: The Invisible Bridge

Jennifer Egan: A Visit from the Goon Squad

Elif Batuman: The Possessed

Michael Cunningham: By Nightfall

Saul Bellow Letters edited by Benjamin Taylor



\


No comments: