Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Lazy blogger.... plus cat-naming controversy

My apologies for being a lazy blogger over the past couple of months.

Lots and lots going on.

And I sure do appreciate my blog readers (both of you.)

Incidentally, my own cat is just as fat and lazy as the one pictured here. But I don't think he drinks beer unless he sneaks it behind my back.

By the way, my cat happens to be named after the great singer/songwriter Robert Earl Keen, who will be performing at the Rio Theatre this Thursday.

I am so there.

Forgot to mention that I sent an email to Robert Earl Keen's concert promoter about 10 years ago informing him of my decision to name the cat Robert Earl. To my surprise, I got an email response just a few minutes later, saying "Robert Earl is standing right here while I write this -- and he thinks that's a very bad idea.''

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny! I also have a cat named Robert Earl.

cactuseaters said...

Hi Anonymous -- if this is who I think it is, I am truly sheepish regarding my pared-down description of the complicated time-share arrangement regarding the upkeep of Mr. Robert Earl. Also, thanks for the chicken. If this is a different anonymous, this riposte will make no sense at all.