Monday, September 26, 2011

Dawn of Slug Day

If you are up on time, you might want to stop by the Buttery Bakery early Tuesday morning and watch me walk over there to pick up approximately eight zillion slug cookies that I designed myself. As a matter of fact, I could use some help carrying the boxes so let me know if anyone can help. (no, you won't get a free cookie out of it, but I'll give you a big fat acknowledgment in this blog.)

I am nervous about this but I don't know why. The bakery itself says the cookies will look very cute and banana-slug like, and I have every reason to believe them, but what if there was some weird miscommunication on my part, and the cookies come out huge or too little?

Last night I had a nightmare that the cookies came out looking like tape worms, with hideous green frosting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so funny! A great early morning chuckle. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Where is the Buttery Bakery in Palos Verdes?

Anonymoose

cactuseaters said...

I know who this is! Wish I could make some Slugs for one of the bakeries out on the Peninsula, but let's wait and see if they take off in Santa Cruz and make their way to Bristol Farms.